UNICEF Somalia Programme Assistant (Nutrition) Jobs vacancy in Nairobi kenya 2013
Vacancy Announcement Ref: UNSOM/2012/58
Title: Programme Assistant (Nutrition)
Category and Grade Level: GS-6
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
IMIS No. 12033
Length of Contract: One Year
Organization Unit: Nutrition Section
Duty Station: Nairobi
Date of Issue: 10th October 2012
Closing date of Application: 24th October 2012
If you are qualified and looking for a chance to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Somali children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the post of Programme Assistant with UNICEF Somalia, Nairobi office.
The Programme Assistant will work closely with the Nutrition Manager to perform a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services of moderate scope and difficulty, in support of programme activities.
If successful, you’ll be part of a dynamic and passionate team in Somalia and Nairobi that works together to improve the health, nutrition, water, sanitation, hygiene, and basic education of Somali girls and boys and protect them from violence, exploitation and abuse”.
The successful candidate will be offered a Fixed Term Appointment for one year.
Further extensions will be based on organizational needs, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Collects information mainly from records and reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections. Prepares background information for use in discussions with governments and other organizations. Participates in the briefing and debriefing of project personnel. Monitoring DCT and account settlement.
- Scrutinizes plans of operations, exchanges of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action. Assists in the administrative process of government requests for assistance.
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
- Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to support of programme activities
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office computer programmes.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work, manage and monitor the effective use and safekeeping of fixed assets and financial resources
- High sense of integrity with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with updated UN Personal History Form (P.11) form, updated CV attaching copies of academic certificates to the email below. UN staff are requested to provide the last two Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs).
Please quote the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of your application subject.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment